Got 1 of my 2 Birchboxes today. I signed up very excited but this month’s Birchbox is a mountain of disappointment. The whole reason I subscribe to these boxes is so I can try new products and trying them means being able to use it more than once. It is ridiculous when they send you foil packets – something you get free in magazines. Even free in-store samples are a bigger size than this crap. I was not very excited about the products when I found out what I was getting but I thought maybe there will be some redemption. After getting it I have to say there is nothing that can redeem this.
Products/Crap I Got:
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre: I am searching for a good cream and I was semi-excited to get this until I found out they were two pathetic foil packets. I have extreme disdain for foil packets and have no desire to try it. Maybe will take it when I’m traveling.
- Lulu Organics Hair Powder: Two words that should never be said together – hair powder. The thought of it only gives me icks. I’ll stick to my normal spray dry shampoo.
- Karuna Hydrating Treatment Mask: The packet contains a sheet mask that you put on your face to boost skin’s moisture levels. Looks interesting – another one for when I’m traveling.
- Naked Princess Lip Gloss: This one pissed me off the most. It would have been semi-redeeming but it is absurdly teeny tiny – only a one use sample.
- Luna LemonZest: Ew. No comment.
This is how teeny the gloss was. And the actual gloss is 1/4 the size of this tiny container so you can image how much product is in it.
The only reason I’m sticking around is their points system, but I am HUGELY disappointed.
When I opted in for the GOOP themed box I thought hey if they are doing a theme, it must be decent. I was wrong. Gwyneth should be disappointed that they are ruining her name.
UPDATE: Here is a photo of my 2nd Birchbox
The products in this are SLIGHTLY better. Still this month was a drag. I also caved and subscribed to the Look Bag – which makes 4 subscriptions. I need rehab.